The TSG supports Students and Early Career Researcher attendance at conferences by providing up to £500 bursary for e.g. conference fees, travel, accommodation and subsistence.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
* Are giving an oral or poster presentation at the conference
* Are undertaking research that is scientifically important but may struggle to attract other funding.
* Appreciate how attending the conference will specifically benefit them and their research.
* Have attended and preferably presented at a TSG conference previously.
* Do not have other funding mechanism for supporting conference attendance.
The conference should also provide an appropriate environment for dissemination of the applicant’s research, and the costs proposed are reasonable. The awards are aimed for PhD and postgrad students, but not exclusively so – Early Career Researchers (within 3 years of completing their PhD) may also apply.
If successful, the applicant will be sent a cheque to the value of their award. Further, a short article about the conference must be provided for the TSG website within 4 weeks of the conference. You can read accounts from previous bursary winners here.
To apply, please complete the application form and send to the TSG Secretary. Applications are welcome all year round. Deadlines for bursary applications are every quarter (1st Jan, 1st April, 1st July, 1st October). The TSG committee will notify you of their decision within 4 weeks of receiving your application. If your application requires a more urgent decision, please make this clear in your submission email.
TSG Bursary Application Form (Right click and choose “Save As” to download)