The TSG Annual Conference and AGM 2014 was held in Edinburgh University from January 6th to 8th. Highlights included: three extended keynote lectures given by Alexandre Schubnel (ENS, France), Julia Gale (University of Texas Austin, USA) and Samuel Angiboust (GFS, Germany); an informative and lively Q & A session on Carbon Capture and Sequestration led by Iain Stewart; the many excellent talks and posters on a wide range of structural and tectonic topics given over the three days; and the conference dinner in the beautiful Edinburgh City Chambers on the Royal Mile, with a Scottish twist and stunning view over the city.
For all those who were not able to attend this year’s TSG annual meeting, or missed the final talks of the conference, TSG would like to announce the winners of the best student presentations (see below). Many congratulations to all the prize winners, and congratulations to all students who presented and helped to make this years conference another success!
- The Ramsay Medal: Natalie Farrell (University of Aberdeen)
- The Dave Johnston Mapping Prize: Lia Turrini (Royal Holloway)
- The Shell Award for Best Overall Student Presentation (Shell): Eldert Advokaat
- The Mike Coward Prize for Best Student Talk (TSG): Rachael Bullock
- The Sue Treagus Prize for Best Student Poster (TSG): Anna-Maria Dichiarante (Durham University). Honorable mentions to Katie Farrell, Alodie Bubeck, Nick Roberts, Anna Varga-Vass, and Rachel Bullock.